2018 Yamaha F425 V8 5.6L - 30" Shaft
Call for Price
Welcome to the new class of extreme offshore power.
The Yamaha V8 XTO Offshore™ is smarter, more powerful and more efficient than anything you’ve seen offshore. With groundbreaking design that allows for dockside serviceability and industry-first technology such as an electric steering system, it’s keeping yacht-class craft in the water, and moving them more reliably and efficiently than ever before.
The XTO Offshore™ is the result of years of collaboration with top boat designers, and has been built from the ground up to provide the ultimate in power and efficiency offshore. With impressive stats such as the highest compression ratio on the water, industry firsts such as an electric steering system, and engineering touches such as iridium spark plugs and quad thermostats, it’s purpose-built for extreme power, durability, control and reliability.
- Industry's First Direct-Fuel-Injection Four Stroke: Maximizes power and efficiency by spraying fuel at high pressure directly into the combustion chamber. It's the first four-stroke powerhead in the outboard industry to feature direct injection.
- Exclusive Fuel System: A three-stage low-medium-high pressure fuel pump system works, in part, due to two independent, rpm-activated fuel pumps in the Vapor Separator Tank. This unique five-pump system creates an unprecedented fuel injection pressure of up to 2900 PSI to further maximize atomization and efficiency.
- In-Bank Exhaust: Intake tracks enter the cylinder head from the outside of the powerhead. This gives exhaust gases room for a direct route to the lower unit and out through the propeller hub, streamlining the powerhead and improving flow.
- XTO Propellers: With diameters from 16 to 17 1/8 inches and increased blade surface, XTO propellers complement the torque potential of our V8 XTO Offshore. They also contribute to greater thrust overall, including up to 300 percent more reverse thrust than the Yamaha F350.
- Endurance-Driven Camshaft: The XTO features dual overhead camshafts that are each connected via a self-tensioning chain immersed in an oil bath and utilize one-sprocket belt engagement. This ensures quiet, precise valve-timing, compact design, low maintenance and long life.
- Carbon-coated Lifters: A special carbon coating on shimless, bucket-style valve lifters increases durability and requires less maintenance.
- Dual Chamber Oil Pump: The XTO's dual chamber oil pump ensures the proper flow and delivery at every engine speed.
- Two-Stage Water Pump: This unique design ensures proper cooling water flow at all RPMs and improved temperature control. It features a massive rubber water impeller for high pressure and flow, and a steel impeller that helps provide sufficient water volume, even under the most extreme offshore conditions.
- Plasma-Fused Sleeveless Cylinders: A micro-textured, plasma-fused design increases fuel economy and is lighter, more compact and 60 percent harder than steel. This allows us to enlarge cylinder bores and increase displacement without increasing the size of the powerhead, all while dramatically reducing friction.
- In-Water Gear Lube Change System: For the first time ever, your technician can drain and replace your outboard's lower unit lubricant without having to remove the boat from the water. Here's to convenience and having more uninterrupted hours on the water.
- Thrust-Enhancing Exhaust Routing: Diverts engine exhaust away from the propeller at RPM below approximately 2,500, for maximum control at lower speed and increased precision of our Helm Master fully integrated boat control system.
- Pump Stop Power Tilt Limit: The tilt pump shuts off when it reaches maximum tilt setting, rather than continuing to run, saving power and reducing noise at full trim in/out.
- Dual Flush System: A unique design offers two methods for flushing the XTO, either through a built-in flushing system hose routed through the rigging tube/grommet or through conventional front-mounted direct-hose hook-up.
- Wide-Span Powerhead Mounting System: For minimized vibration and a more compact design, incredibly strong upper motor mounts placed wide on the exterior of the upper mid-section work in conjunction with our Long Span Mounting System.
- High Output Alternator: The XTO's alternator delivers 90-plus amps of total available power, with up to 58 amps at trolling rpm and up to 72 amps net charging at around 1500 rpm, where it's needed most.
- Improved Rigging Tube: A redesigned rigging tube provides an extra 3.25 inches of clearance at the motor well when tilted up, and is compatible with most flat-transom installations.
- Available in signature Yamaha gray or new pearlescent white
- 425 hp on less-expensive 89-octane gasoline
- Available with Helm Master® with SetPoint™
- Impressive 5-year Limited Warranty, for pleasure use
- Engine Type: V8 / DOHC / 32 valves
- Displacement: 5.6L
- Bore x Stroke: 96 x 96 mm (3.78 x 3.78 in.)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 425hp at 5500 RPM
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 - 6000 RPM
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 90 Amp Gross, Max
- Compression Ratio: 12.2:1
- Fuel Induction System: DOHC, DI, 4 Valves per Cylinder
- Weight*: 443 kg (977 lbs)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 89
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel / Water Separating Filter (external)
- Exhaust: Through Propeller (Except in Reverse Under 2500 RPM)
- Intake: 32
- Ignition: TCI Microcomputer
- Spark Plug: ILMAR7E-9 / Iridium
- Alternator Output: 90 Amps Gross, Max
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 7.8L / 8.2 Quarts | 7.5L / 7.9 Quarts
- Recommended Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: (25/14) 1.79
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: 30 in.
- Degree of Tilt: -4° through +73°
- Degree of Trim: -4° through +16°
- C.A.R.B. Rating: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel / Water Separating Filter (external)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: 3-Star
- Mounting Centers: 28.5 in.
- Steering Angle (maximum): 31° from center, either direction
- Warranty: 5-Year Pleasure, 3-Year Government, 1-Year Commercial
- Engine Type
- V8 / DOHC / 32 valves
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.78 x 3.78 in. (96 x 96 mm)
- Shaft Length
- 30 in.
- 977 lb. (443 kg)
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 425hp at 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000 - 6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- (25/14) 1.79 / Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Fuel Induction
- DOHC, DI, 4 Valves per Cylinder
- 90 Amp Gross, Max
- 5-Year Pleasure, 3-Year Government, 1-Year Commercial